A kind of logbook from a 10 month stay at Colima, Mexico

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Back home

Well, on Thursday evening it was time to leave Colima. After having said goodbye to a load of people who had left before me or went on holidays there wer Marlène, Hanika and Kelly left. After a quick visit to Tacos Orientales they brought me to Colima bus terminal and gave me a great goodbye when my bus left. Thanks a lot!
From Colima I took the night bus to México Norte from where I took a Taxi to the airport.
Here I waited the whole day for my flight. After a short while I met Eduard from Bonn, who had spent 11 months in Durango working on oil eating microbes. So the wait was a lot nicer and the day passed by pretty quickly.
On the flight back I saw an awesome thunderstorm off the coast of the Carolinas and then pretty much slept for most of the time till London. London Airport security was no problem with a small backpack, a laptop bag and a guitar. :)
At Frankfurt my luggage had not arrived so there was little stuff to carry home. The bags were delivered a day later. :) On the suitcase there was a sticker saying Mexican authorities had opened it, but it looked as if they had really only opened it and then decided not to dig in my stuff (understandable).

So, supposedly that's it. I'll try to add a few posts on a few aspects of life in Mexico later.

Well, it was really cool to see Mexico and meet all the other interns and John and Gemma. I miss you guys!

Tacos to all!

Flo

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home