A kind of logbook from a 10 month stay at Colima, Mexico

Friday, April 06, 2007

Slight change of plans

Since my host said I might have to spend 48h in Guatemala to get my visa change done with no/low bribes, I had a look at the maps and found St. Maria and Santiaguito Volcanoes right next to Quetzaltengo which is about 5h from here. Thanx to Lukas for the infos from his trip!
So I will just go there when I'm done here. Well let's say I will probably just go there...
Now I will try to get a guided tour to chapula where they use Coca Cola in Church for cleansing their souls... :)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Have you seen any chickens in that church?:)A woman in Chamula explained me that it's used in case of people who are really sick. When I asked her if they make a sacrifice in church, she answeared "no" but than she added "well, sometimes":)

April 09, 2007

 
Blogger Flo said...

No, sadly I did not get into the church because it was too full because of the easter celebrations. These were pretty cool though. What I really liked when peeking into the church from the entrance door was the huge amount of candles I could see in the back in combination with the blinking electric light chain at one of the altars on the side. The whole church was filled with the smoke of incense burning. Everybody in there must have been completely stoned. ;)

April 10, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home