San Cristobal de las Casas
After spending my night at the backpacker hostel I had to move this morning because the hostel was full. So now I am at the Conejo which is on Huixtla between Comitlán and Tapachula.
It just opened this week and so the beds are still smelling like fresh wood. It is really famililar and run by a Mexican guy and his Swiss wife (the kid is pretty young and probably does not really help). They also live in the place and you share the kitchen with them. There is a dormitory for six people and two private rooms with a big bed for two (as far as I can remember). Not a lot going on but really nice.
Now it's time to explore the city a bit. I already visited the market which is real fun to see. Loads of fruits, flowers, beans, some people carrying chicken by their legs or a place where they sell loads of dry fish.
Well, not really fresh but much easier in storage and handling
Fruits and flowers
Transport on the market is not really easy. I had loads of time to take the photo
Chicks
The colors of corn and beansIn the backpackers I met some nice people from GB, one of which juggles and has good balls that glow. So today I am walking around a bit with them and tonight we will try some more juggling. :)
Labels: travel
Typical police sight in Chiapas. In Guatemala you have loads of private securities with shotguns .
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home