A kind of logbook from a 10 month stay at Colima, Mexico

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Gehe zurück auf Los (back to the start)

Since the Mexican holidays (semana santa) just started all the buses are pretty full and suddenly it is not always possible to just jump on the bus of choice. So there was no way for me leaving Cozumel yesterday, which, in the end, was pretty good, because this way I met Andrée and Charles-André again. They are still staying in the Hostelito. It is nicely clean and with MX$120 still quite cheap for Cozumel. The disadvantage is the missing kitchen. This morning I took the bus at 11:30 to Mérida (Ferry at 10) and tonight at midnight I will hop on the bus to Palenque.
It is really nice to be in Mérida again. After seeing Playa del Carmen and Cozumel, Mérida almost feels free of tourists. The difference is that it is a Mexican city with tourists and not a tourist city with mexican labor.
The night before crossing to Cozumel I stayed in the Urban Hostel in Playa del Carmen. It definitively qualifies as dirty and smelly, but the people there were quite nice. I can not recommend it.

All in all the Carribean sea is pretty cool to see and swimming with the fishies definitively was fun but I prefere the inland tourism. The white beach of Tulum in the moonlight is really nice. There was almost enough light to juggle. Maybe at full moon...


Since I could not dump my big backpack at the bus terminal I will just use this chance to upload some Images of my trip to the matching entries.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home