A kind of logbook from a 10 month stay at Colima, Mexico

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Visa - registration I

When you get a real visa for Mexico you have to register with the migra within a period of 30 workdays, so it is about time for me to get this done.
For registering one basically needs a proof of residence, some photos, a bank balance to show one has some money, MX$537 for the fees, and - when one has a student visa - a letter from the university.
The proof of residence consists of a letter from the owner of my house, a copy of her id-card and one or two water bills to show it's her house.
Some photos exactly means 3 from the front, 3 from the right side, format 4x4cm, black and white whith white background.
The fees can be paid at a bank whith a set of forms that has to be bought at a department store(?).
Oh, not to forget, there of course are some more forms to be filled.
Well to figure this out I first checked around a bit on the internet, where I found several versions especially of the photo listings (I never went for comparing the prices). Then I went to the exchange office at UCOL, where I was asked to bring a readable (typed) version of my application form, Nick's letter to the embassy in Berlin that can count as a letter of acceptance from UCOL and a copy of the letter from UHH to the embassy. They also told me that I would probably not need registration and that they will ask their lawyer on Friday when he comes back. To get the informations a bit faster Nick called the migra in Monzanillo where they said that my visa was set to the wrong type and I should have a FM3 according to Artículo 42, fracción VII instead of fracción III and they gave us the list of things I need, that I wrote on the start of this post.
Basic lesson so far: come as a tourist... ;)
Well I'll wait for the call from the exchange office on Friday and try to get all the papers ready by that time so I can go to Monzanillo to register as soon as I get the letter from the UCOL lawyer.

In the meantime there is a chemical lab to be tidied up, some seismic papers wait for reading, some undocumented matlab code waits for testing and I have to adjust my new room to my preferences.

If you have some spare time you might test a little game by the BBC.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home