Nothing special
The last week was without of field trips and this also is the basic program for me for the next week. Martin, Kathrin and Michael have left for El Chichón (Chiapas) and will be there with our thermal Camera, a magnetometer and some things to measure CO2-Flux for the next two weeks. I stepped a bit bad on my ankle in El Playón so I decided on not going into the jungle as long as that is not completely healed out. The main objective of the Nevado trips is to collect thermal data which we can't get now, so there is no real use in going there.
So I spent some of my time trying to get some basically undocumented code running on my computer, which seems to work now. Next thing will be to figure out, what it does and then maybe adjust it to our use.
Then there is a circuit board for a weather station that does not react to connecting it to the battery so I will try to figure out what's going on there (it was Michael's job until he left, maybe it will fall back on him when he returns...).
We also have a infrasound board that has to be tested in cooperation with the electronics guy next door.
The chemistry lab still waits for tidying.
Collecting the papers I need for the migration office will take a bit longer since nobody seems to be in office or at least the people that have to work together seem to be taking turns in being out of office.
Yesterday I did some shopping. I got an electric hotplate for cooking coffee in the office which now lives in the chemistry lab, a small dictionary (MX$ 49), a machete with a cover and a stone to sharpen it, ink cartridges for one of my fountain pens (not really common in Mexico) and some credits for my cellular phone.
Well I'm still checking the sunglasses in the shops but they basically cost MX$ 60 independent of the brand and special model. ;-) Software has about the same price.
I just got two ciiv-t-shirts from Nick. That will expand the reach of one laundry run considerably. I did not take many here.
Labels: office
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home