Nevado I
I'm omitting a bit of things that went on during the last week but I'll cover them later. Now it's time for our trip to Nevado de Colima.
We startet of on Tuesday at noon an took the bus to Cd. Guzmán where we spent the night at the Proteccion Civil.

On the next morning they took us up to their Observatory on Nevado de Colima (4000m a.s.l.). The trip in the back of the truck was a bit bumpy but we had a great driver so there were no problems. When Nevado came into sight we had a stop and a look at our first eruption of Fuego for the day.

When we arrived at the observatory we set up our equipment (well, OK, Jemile and Mike did most of the work since it was my first time on Nevado). Shortly afterwards there were clouds around Fuego and I got altitude sickness and was of no help any more for the rest of the day. At least I could take some pictures of our second eruption

and of the third one
which left a really nice cloud behind.
During the night we had another major eruption and a smaller one. Another smaller one was today in the morning.The timestamps on the images are wrong because we now have winter time in Mexico and I didn't tell my camera.
On the way back we were lucky because our truck had bars around the back so it was possible to stand during the trip down which is much more fun.

And a quick look at the seismometer station Nevado that you can see on the RESCO-homepage.
That's about it for now. For tomorrow we are planning to go to Guadalajara to see the dia de muertos.I'll try to add more information about the trip when we are back.
Labels: field trip, nevado
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home